The BasX MC1 is a high performance 13.2 channel AV surround sound processor that supports 4k UHD video, including HDR and Dolby Vision, enhanced ARC (eARC), and the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X immersive surround sound formats. The MC1 features six HDMI 2.0b video inputs and includes support for enhanced ARC (eARC). A newly refined version on our EmoQ automatic room correction engine automates acoustical correction and system calibration in minutes. The MC1 also offers multiple analog and digital audio inputs, including an internal high performance Bluetooth input.
The intuitive menu system makes the MC1 simple to configure and operate using the included illuminated infrared remote control and the clear concise on-screen display. The MC1 can also be controlled by most programmable universal remote controls and whole home automation systems via either infrared commands or wired commands received by its RS-232 interface.
Like every product in the BasX series, the MC1 includes two critical features that you will not find in most other components in its price range: outstanding audio and video performance with excellent build quality. The BasX MC1 is a true audiophile component, designed and built by professionals to deliver the outstanding performance that both audiophiles and casual listeners can appreciate. The MC1 also features precision high- speed video switches that route video directly from the selected input to the output without any extraneous processing, ensuring that you’ll continue to get the absolute best possible picture quality from your HD and 4k UHD video sources along with support for both ARC and Enhanced eARC.
The BasX MC1 delivers a truly stellar audio and video experience.
The Emotiva BasX MC1 cinema processor combines simplicity of operation, outstanding video and audio performance, and incredible value. Here are some of the exciting features offered in the MC1:
- Support for current surround sound and immersive audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X. The MC1 supports up to thirteen main and surround sound channels plus up to two subwoofers.
- Exceptional video quality, with fast error free switching for up to six HDMI inputs, all of which support HDMI 2.0b and HDCP 2.2, 4k UHD video, and HDR (including HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision).
- An internal Bluetooth receiver for streaming audio from your smart phone and other mobile audio sources.
- Support for both standard ARC (Audio Return Channel) and eARC (Enhanced ARC).
- Emo-Q™ Advanced Automatic Room Correction System automatically calibrates the MC1 for optimal sound quality with your system in your listening room (calibrated measurement microphone with internal buffer amplifier included).
- Superb sound quality delivered by advanced surround sound decoders and highly optimized analog audio circuitry.
- Real time status information provided by a front panel VFD display and a convenient on-screen display.
- Convenient control options, including a full function illuminated infrared remote control (AA batteries required), front panel menu navigation buttons, and front panel Volume control.
- Included infrared remote control provides direct one-button selection of audio and video sources, access to the MC1 Menu System, and features illuminated soft touch buttons.
- Multiple remote control options - including RS-232.
- Firmware update via USB stick - no computer connection required.
- Compact form factor and modern aesthetics make it easy to find a home for the MC1 in virtually any room or audio rack.
- Full Emotiva Three Year warranty.
The BasX MC1 is highly configurable. However there are a few important features that are especially noteworthy.
Enhanced ARC Support
The MC1 provides full support for standard ARC (Audio Return Channel) for devices that don’t have eARC support.
For devices that support the new eARC (Enhanced ARC) standard the MC1 will detect this and enable eARC support.
Note: Only HDMI Output #1 on the MC1 supports ARC and eARC.
Note: On most TV sets only one HDMI Input supports eARC, so be sure and connect the MC1 to that input. In addition to this, on many TV sets, eARC must specifically be enabled, so be sure that eARC is enabled in your TV’s configuration menu.
Active HDMI Output Switching
As defined in the HDMI standard, if you have two devices with different video capabilities connected to the two outputs on the MC1, and both are on, your video source will negotiate a video format supported by both, and the MC1 will send that same video signal to both devices. So, for example, if you have a 4k TV, and a 1080p TV, and only the 4k TV is turned on, it will receive a 4k signal; however, if both TVs are turned on, then both will receive a 1080p video signal (because that is the highest resolution format that both TVs support). The same requirement is also true for some other features - like HDR.
Unfortunately, many modern TVs and projectors do not report their status correctly to the processor and source device. As a result of this, for example, you may find that you don’t get 4k video on your 4k TV set unless the 1080p TV set is physically disconnected (unplugged).
The MC1 has a special feature that enables you to avoid this sort of problem. On the MC1 you have the option to temporarily disable each HDMI Output individually. So, in the example above, by disabling the HDMI Output connected to the 1080p TV set when that set isn’t in use, you can prevent it from limiting the 4k video signal being sent to your 4k set.
Advanced EMO-Q Automatic Room Correction
The MC1 includes the latest and most advanced version of our EMO-Q Automatic Room Correction System. EMO-Q now displays a visual interface which includes graphs of both the measured and corrected room response. Channels can now also be tested individually and the results adjusted individually.
Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (6) HDMI 2.0b compliant HDMI video inputs (all with full support for 4k UHD video, HDCP 2.2, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision).
- (2) HDMI 2.0b compliant HDMI video outputs (primary output supports both ARC and eARC).
- (4) stereo unbalanced analog audio inputs.
- (2) S/PDIF coaxial digital audio inputs.
- (2) Toslink (optical) digital audio inputs.
- (1) USB Audio (DAC) input.
- (1) Bluetooth audio input (internal with rear panel antenna).
- (1) set of 13.2 channel unbalanced audio main outputs.
- (2) balanced subwoofer outputs (same as main sub outputs).
Other Inputs and Outputs:
- (1) IR remote control signal input.
- (1) RS-232 serial remote control input.
- (1) Trigger output (programmable).
- (1) USB data input (reserved for firmware updates).
Audio Formats and Modes Supported
Surround Sound Audio Formats:
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Surround
- DTS HD Master Audio
Surround Sound Upmixers:
- Dolby Surround Upmixer (DSU)
- DTS Neural:X
Sound Field and Processing Options:
- Dolby Upmix
- DTS Neural:X
Automatic Room Correction:
- EmoQ Second Generation Automatic Room Correction (with graphical interface).
Manual Room Correction (EQ):
Three Separate Manual Speaker Presets - Each Of Which Offers...
- 11 Bands of Full Parametric EQ: Left Front and Right Front.
- 11 Bands of Full Parametric EQ: Center Channel.
- 7 Bands of Full Parametric EQ: Surround Channels.
- 7 Bands of Full Parametric EQ: Top Channels.
- 5 Bands of Full Parametric EQ: Subwoofers.
Rated Output Voltage:
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.05 dB
Total harmonic Distortion:
- < 0.0025% @ 1 kHz
- < 0.05% from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio:
- 100 VAC to 240 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).